The seven-day common for brand new confirmed circumstances elevated to 4,496, up 6% from every week in the past, and up 14% from a month in the past. Hospitalizations declined to three,116, the bottom since Nov. 30.
Gov. Phil Murphy introduced the newest numbers throughout a coronavirus briefing in Trenton and the state is administering about 25,000 doses a day on common.
“We’re working each day to maximise each dose we’re given and to manage to as many individuals as our provide will permit,” Murphy mentioned. “Because the federal authorities will increase our allotment, we’ll have the ability to open up for extra appointments. And, as we’ll now know what our allotment will appear like three weeks down the street, we’ll have the ability to make extra long-term selections to enhance our vaccine program.”
New Jersey has now misplaced 21,383 residents within the almost 11 month outbreak with 19,254 confirmed fatalities and a couple of,129 thought of possible. The dying toll for January rose to 2,274 confirmed fatalities, probably the most in any month since Might.
Murphy mentioned the latest positivity price for exams performed on Monday, the latest day obtainable, was 8.37% of the 65,709 check performed.
The speed of transmission remained 0.91 for the third consecutive day. Any quantity below 1 signifies that the outbreak is slowing.
The entire variety of confirmed circumstances is now 615,202 out of greater than 9.2 million constructive exams. There have additionally been 72,067 constructive antigen exams, which the state just lately started reporting publicly. These circumstances are thought of possible and well being officers have warned the constructive antigen exams may overlap with the confirmed PCR exams as a result of they’re someday given in tandem.
Murphy introduced he’s extending the ban on interstate sports for certain age groups, together with highschool packages, that was set to run out Sunday. The ban was first announced in November.
There have been 724,371 vaccine doses administered in New Jersey to date, in keeping with the state’s dashboard. Of these, 610,110 had been the primary of two doses individuals will obtain.
That’s out of greater than 1.23 million doses the state has acquired from the federal authorities, in keeping with a working tally by the federal Facilities for Illness Management.
All six of the state’s vaccine mega-sites have now opened together with about 200 different places statewide, although some mega-sites have needed to suspended operations for a day after working out of doses.
Murphy mentioned on Wednesday that the state can now count on about 130,000 doses from the federal authorities over the following three weeks, up from 100,000, however demand remains to be far outpacing the provision within the state.
“We nonetheless have a giant supply-demand imbalance. We’re nonetheless going to be chopping by that for weeks to return,” Murphy mentioned throughout a CNN interview.
VACCINATIONS BY COUNTY
- ATLANTIC COUNTY – 21,300 doses administered
- BERGEN COUNTY – 80,834 doses administered
- BURLINGTON COUNTY – 35,689 doses administered
- CAMDEN COUNTY – 42,475 doses administered
- CAPE MAY COUNTY- 10,507 doses administered
- CUMBERLAND COUNTY – 11,082 doses administered
- ESSEX COUNTY – 56,644 doses administered
- GLOUCESTER COUNTY – 24,517 doses administered
- HUDSON COUNTY – 34,321 doses administered
- HUNTERDON COUNTY – 10,124 doses administered
- MERCER COUNTY – 18,742 doses administered
- MIDDLESEX COUNTY – 53,984 doses administered
- MONMOUTH COUNTY – 55,267 doses administered
- MORRIS COUNTY – 53,316 doses administered
- OCEAN COUNTY – 43,064 doses administered
- PASSAIC COUNTY – 34,238 doses administered
- SALEM COUNTY – 4,400 doses administered
- SOMERSET COUNTY – 27,970 doses administered
- SUSSEX COUNTY – 11,712 doses administered
- UNION COUNTY – 35,594 doses administered
- WARREN COUNTY – 7,349 doses administered
- UNKNOWN COUNTY – 23,720 doses administered
- OUT OF STATE – 27,522 doses administered
COUNTY-BY-COUNTY NUMBERS (sorted by most new circumstances)
- Essex County: 59,188 confirmed circumstances (641 new), 2,279 confirmed deaths (255 possible)
- Middlesex County: 58,890 confirmed circumstances (538 new), 1,695 confirmed deaths (217 possible)
- Bergen County: 59,421 confirmed circumstances (470 new), 2,197 confirmed deaths (268 possible)
- Monmouth County: 44,074 confirmed circumstances (464 new), 1,145 confirmed deaths (108 possible)
- Ocean County: 44,106 confirmed circumstances (400 new), 1,553 confirmed deaths (90 possible)
- Hudson County: 55,971 confirmed circumstances (384 new), 1,690 confirmed deaths (171 possible)
- Morris County: 27,243 confirmed circumstances (303 new), 844 confirmed deaths (207 possible)
- Passaic County: 46,768 confirmed circumstances (278 new), 1,432 confirmed deaths (163 possible)
- Camden County: 36,092 confirmed circumstances (264 new), 937 confirmed deaths (69 possible)
- Union County: 44,115 confirmed circumstances (182 new), 1,480 confirmed deaths (186 possible)
- Burlington County: 27,570 confirmed circumstances (174 new), 635 confirmed deaths (48 possible)
- Gloucester County: 18,946 confirmed circumstances (164 new), 472 confirmed deaths (22 possible)
- Atlantic County: 17,021 confirmed circumstances (160 new), 445 confirmed deaths (22 possible)
- Mercer County: 23,425 confirmed circumstances (152 new), 776 confirmed deaths (38 possible)
- Somerset County: 16,123 confirmed circumstances (117 new), 647 confirmed deaths (96 possible)
- Cumberland County: 10,650 confirmed circumstances (99 new), 284 confirmed deaths (14 possible)
- Sussex County: 6,804 confirmed circumstances (62 new), 198 confirmed deaths (55 possible)
- Warren County: 5,399 confirmed circumstances (52 new), 183 confirmed deaths (15 possible)
- Hunterdon County: 5,257 confirmed circumstances (40 new), 93 confirmed deaths (54 possible)
- Salem County: 3,850 confirmed circumstances (33 new), 129 confirmed deaths (11 possible)
- Cape Might County: 3,162 confirmed circumstances (9 new), 140 confirmed deaths (20 possible)
There have been 3,116 sufferers hospitalized with confirmed (2,884) or suspected (232) COVID-19 circumstances throughout New Jersey’s 71 hospitals as of Wednesday evening. That’s 5 fewer than the day prior to this.
That included 563 in important or intensive care (15 fewer than the earlier evening), with 378 on ventilators (28 fewer).
There have been additionally 363 COVID-19 sufferers discharged Thursday, in keeping with the state’s COVID-19 dashboard.
Murphy has mentioned any hospitalizations over 5,000 sufferers would probably set off new rounds of restrictions. However the variety of individuals being hospitalized has principally ticked down slowly in latest days after hitting a greater than seven-month excessive of three,873 individuals on Dec. 22.
The state hit a excessive of greater than 8,000 hospitalizations in April.
That’s a rise of 10 districts from the earlier weekly report. There at the moment are confirmed in-school outbreaks in all 21 counties, although the state doesn’t determine the person college districts.
These numbers don’t embrace college students or employees believed to have been contaminated outdoors college or circumstances that may’t be confirmed as in-school outbreaks. Although the numbers maintain rising each week, Murphy has mentioned the varsity outbreak statistics stay beneath what state officers had been anticipating when faculties reopened for in-person lessons.
New Jersey defines school outbreaks as circumstances the place contact tracers decided two or extra college students or college employees caught or transmitted COVID-19 within the classroom or throughout educational actions in school.
Damaged down by age, these 30 to 49 years previous make up the biggest share of New Jersey residents who’ve caught the virus (31.2%), adopted by these 50-64 (23.7%), 18-29 (19.3%), 65-79 (11.1%), 5-17 (7.5%), 80 and older (5.4%), and 0-4 (1.6%).
On common, the virus has been extra lethal for older residents, particularly these with preexisting circumstances. Almost half the state’s COVID-19 deaths have been amongst residents 80 and older (47%), adopted by these 65-79 (33%), 50-64 (15.6%), 30-49 (4%), 18-29 (0.4%), 5-17 (0%), and 0-4 (0%).
At the least 7,713 of the state’s COVID-19 deaths have been amongst residents and employees members at nursing houses and different long-term care amenities. That quantity has been rising once more at a steeper price in latest months, with deaths at the state’s nursing homes nearly tripling in December.
There are presently energetic outbreaks at 435 facilities, leading to 7,338 energetic circumstances amongst residents and seven,929 amongst staffers.
As of Friday, there have been greater than 101.5 million constructive COVID-19 exams internationally, in keeping with a running tally by Johns Hopkins University. Greater than 2.19 million individuals have died from coronavirus-related issues.
The U.S. has reported probably the most circumstances, at greater than 25.7 million, and probably the most deaths, at greater than 433,200.
Our journalism wants your assist. Please subscribe in the present day to NJ.com