(Replace: Including extra particulars from chief working officer)
State, county well being investigator investigating; hospital visits additional restricted
BEND, Ore. (KTVZ) – St. Charles Well being System mentioned late Wednesday it has reported an outbreak of COVID-19 instances on the St. Charles Redmond hospital campus to Deschutes County and the state of Oregon, affecting greater than 30 caregivers.
As of Wednesday, 31 caregivers had examined constructive for COVID-19, and their instances are being investigated in collaboration with Deschutes County Well being Providers and the Oregon Well being Authority, the hospital system mentioned.
An outbreak is outlined as a cluster of instances which can be associated.
“We’re taking each doable measure to cease the unfold of the virus, to guard our sufferers and our caregivers,” mentioned Aaron Adams, chief govt officer for the Redmond hospital.
Iman Simmons, St. Charles’ chief working officer, instructed NewsChannel 21 Wednesday night that 10 of the 31 caregivers had obtained the primary of two doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine. She mentioned some might have gotten the second dose, however couldn’t verify that as of but.
Simmons mentioned St. Charles is working with the county and OHA to find out the timeline and origin of the outbreak.
She mentioned the 31 caregivers will probably be on paid furlough for 2 weeks, however that they have to be symptom-free and take a look at destructive for the virus earlier than returning to work.
Along with current COVID-19 precautions, St. Charles mentioned the Redmond hospital has put in place new security measures, together with:
- Providing COVID-19 testing to all St. Charles Redmond hospital-based caregivers
- Asking caregivers to remain house and get examined if they’ve any signs of COVID-19, regardless of how gentle
- Growing air change to 6 instances per hour
- Growing air filtration to greater than the CDC suggestion (+90% filtration at .three microns)
- Instructing caregivers in direct affected person care roles to make use of N95 respirators and eye safety all through their shift whereas the outbreak is ongoing
- Including hand sanitizer and cleansing provides to extra areas all through the power
- Asking caregivers to eat within the cafeteria or on the skin patio quite than in break rooms
- Including most capability signage to all break rooms and convention rooms to make sure bodily distancing might be maintained
The hospital can also be presently limiting guests to the next teams solely:
- A caregiver or attendant of a affected person who wants help as a result of a language barrier or the affected person’s incapacity, whether or not that incapacity is bodily, developmental, mental, cognitive, behavioral or is said to altered psychological standing or communication, whose presence will help the particular person with the incapacity in receiving remedy, guarantee the security of the affected person or facility workers, or who should help with actions of every day dwelling
- An in depth member of the family of a affected person present process end-of-life care as decided by the medical supplier answerable for the affected person’s care
- A guardian or authorized guardian of a hospitalized baby. If one guardian or authorized guardian meets screening standards however the different doesn’t, solely the guardian or authorized guardian who meets screening standards have to be assured entry
“We hope our group understands and can assist us by following all COVID-19 restrictions, each inside and out of doors of our services,” Adams mentioned. “The variety of constructive COVID-19 instances continues to be excessive all through the area, and we want your assist to make sure now we have a wholesome workforce to look after you and your family members.”