The County of San Diego has reached a somber milestone within the COVID-19 pandemic, reporting a complete of two,005 San Diegans misplaced to the virus. This consists of an extra 53 deaths reported to the County Well being and Human Providers Company right this moment.
The deaths reported right this moment embrace a 19-year-old male, the youngest San Diegan to die from issues of COVID-19.
“Our deepest condolences exit to the household and pals of this teen and to the households and pals of the greater than 2,000 San Diegans who’ve died of COVID-19 all through the course of this pandemic,” stated Wilma J. Wooten, M.D., M.P.H., County public well being officer. “We perceive that the pandemic has been attempting on the neighborhood, however right this moment’s report is a reminder that we should do all the pieces we are able to to guard one another and gradual the unfold of COVID-19.”
Wooten continues to induce San Diegans to do the next:
- Wash your fingers
- Watch your distance round others
- Put on a masks
- When sick, keep dwelling and get examined
For extra details about COVID-19, testing areas and vaccine distribution, go to www.coronavirus-sd.com.
ICU Capability and Keep Residence Order:
- The present intensive care unit (ICU) mattress availability for the Southern California area is 0.0% and can be up to date by the state day by day.
- The Regional Stay Home Order is in impact and prohibits gatherings of any measurement with folks from different households and provides restrictions for a number of sectors.
- The order will final till the area’s ICU availability meets or exceeds 15%.
Neighborhood Setting Outbreaks:
- Eight new neighborhood outbreaks had been confirmed on Jan. 13: 5 in enterprise settings, one in a community-based group, one in a daycare/preschool/childcare setting and one in a authorities setting.
- Previously seven days (Jan. 7 by Jan. 13), 48 neighborhood outbreaks had been confirmed.
- The variety of neighborhood outbreaks stays above the set off of seven or extra in seven days.
- A neighborhood setting outbreak is outlined as three or extra COVID-19 instances in a setting and in folks of various households over the previous 14 days.
- 42,878 assessments had been reported to the County on Jan. 13, and the proportion of latest constructive instances was 6%.
- The 14-day rolling common proportion of constructive instances is 13.6%. Goal is lower than 8.0%.
- The 7-day, day by day common of assessments is 27,146.
- Folks at larger threat for COVID-19 who’re with or with out signs ought to be examined. Folks with any signs ought to get examined. Healthcare and important employees must also get a check, in addition to individuals who have had shut contact to a constructive case or dwell in communities which might be being extremely impacted. These not too long ago returned from journey, or who participated in vacation gatherings, are additionally urged to get examined.
- 2,595 instances had been reported to the County on Jan. 13. The area’s complete is now 204,175.
- 6,809 or 3.3% of all instances have required hospitalization.
- 1,280 or 0.6% of all instances and 18.8% of hospitalized instances needed to be admitted to an intensive care unit.
- 53 new COVID-19 deaths had been reported to the County on Jan. 13. The area’s complete is now 2,005.
- 23 girls and 30 males died between Nov. 28 and Jan. 13.
- Of the 53 new deaths reported Jan. 13, 27 individuals who handed away had been 80 years or older, 13 folks had been of their 70s, eight folks had been of their 60s, three folks had been of their 50s, one individual was of their 20s and one individual was a young person.
- 51 had underlying medical circumstances, one didn’t and one had medical historical past pending.
The extra detailed knowledge summaries discovered on the County’s coronavirus-sd.com website are up to date round 5 p.m. day by day.